12 December 2010

Baby comics

Working with irl-paper, just to get the hang of it.

Right now I have this idea sketched in MS-paint, yet I can't help but think that it is impossible to get the right feeling of the idea with this software. So I'm going to use irl paper and try to work out the idea that way. Using a central sheet as the basic of it all and then drawing lines outwards. Each line will "go" towards another piece of paper on which I'll make the specific details I have in mind.

That way I'll be able to spread out all the papers on the floor (what little space I still have available in my room) and get a general overview of the concept I'm trying to figure out. The main reason why I'm not giving away too much details is because I just don't have any. I'm only in fase number one. The "Ooh, I could make a comic" one.

A comic unlike the ones that are on this page of course. These three "comics" have no story, no logic, no "whatever it is that makes a comic good", but they have charms and a my artistic personna has a special warm fuzzy feeling for these little baby comics. Baby comics, I like the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment