13 June 2010

Early in the morning

I'm not used to sleeping on the roadside of a house.

Yes, this weekend I got to sleep in a room that was at the side of the road, not the side of the garden. So when I woke up that morning, one off the first thing I noticed were the cars that drove by. Another thing was a very peculiar sound. At first I didn't know what it was. But after clearing my head of the sleepy fog, I recognised it as the sound of birds.

I might have to include the fact that I had woken up at 12 a clock the day before. So with a lack of tiredness and cars next to me I decided it was time to wake up. It was 6:25. (I'm not familiar with the a.m. or p.m. so I wont bother with it) Suffice it to say it was early by my standards.

So once I was awake I tried to find some entertainment. Watching cars drive by can only keep you entertained for so long. The granny who walked from one side of the road to the other also didn't spark my enthousiasm.

The giant tractor with its rumbling cargo did get my attention. Though its hard to ignore something that roars next to the house like it's trying to recreate an earthquake. So when all else failed I resigned to my sketchbook. Its a good thing that drawing takes time. Cause once I started sketching, time flew by a just little bit faster.

The results is a random character with some random clothes and a spoofy weapon. The clothes are based on what I have seen this week at work and the weapon is just.. spoofy. Maybe wicked and wacky might be a better word for the weapon. But "spoofy" seems more like a word that fits the describtion off the weapon.

Once I had finished the static pose drawing I figured it might be a bit better to draw an action scene. Preferably with the same character. So on the other page I stared off with an s-curve which I transformed into the motion of the figure. The only change was with the weapon.

Copying the characters clothes and stuff was easier then making a duplicate of the weapon she was carying. So creating a new weapon was the easiest way out. Yes, you could say I was lazy, but hey what else am I suposed to be doing on a lazy morning. And besides, the new weapon actually shoots stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment