02 June 2011

Finding the right book

Books ..

Some time back I went to a store to check out the book section. I hoped to find a nice thick book that I could read. My previous treasures were two collection books. One of Arthur C. Clark and the other from Asimov Isaac. I also got a thick sandwich book of "The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy". Right now I might try "The lord of the rings", but I'm not sure if I'm all that ready for fantasy books.

What I noticed in the shop was that there were so many series, and not enough single stories. I don't mind reading if the story is good, but I do mind spending a lot of money on all those books, even if they would be awesome. I guess that is something I'll have to make peace with. How else will I ever be able to read all the stories from good ol' Pratchet's Discworld.

If anyone knows a good science fiction story in a single book, or a series collected in a single book, let me know.

In other news, the sketches that I post here today are just some practise I worked on during my spare time on the train to work. There's this free newspaper every day, and once in a while there's a nice picture to draw. Since it was apparently a happy birthday for the movie "A clockwork orange" I thought it was a good idea to draw that one.

Not as easy as you might think with a train going hobeldy hobbel on its rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment