05 June 2011

To the one who found my treasure chest

For future adventurers

I had a little playtime with a keyboard that I found in my box of computer material. I figured it would be fun to see what was inside the keyboard. While unscrewing the little screws I discovered there a whole bunch of them, about 17, for just one keyboard.

Inside the keyboard there wasn't that much except a thin plastic sheet with lines on it and a tiny little electrical board that controls the keyboard. I thought there would be more to it, but apparently a keyboard is "simple" stuff.



Sadly enough I couldn't press the key directly on the thin plastic thingy, so I couldn't play with it anymore. Right now the keyboard has been demoted to trash, but hey at least I discovered a little bit of keyboard insideness.

Talking about discovering, I'm planning a little adventure. Not for me, but for somebody else in the world who will be curious enough to follow the trail of crumbs that I'm going to leave behind. I'm going to put together a small treasure chest, make a map about its whereabouts and then drop some hidden clues here and there.

Inside the chest will be a letter with a link to a "hey you found the chest, awesome!"-clip. Maybe even a little bit of other treasurehood.

I hope that somebody will find the treasure chest somewhere in the future and hopefully that person will enjoy it as much as I would enjoy it if I suddenly found a treasure hunt at work. Recently I've been very curious about the building where I'm working, its big, has a lot of different rooms and hallways that connect in odd ways. It really speaks to my imagination.

Finding out what is in those rooms can be rewarding from time to time. But it would have been even more awesome if I had actually found a treasure in one of those rooms. Since I haven't been lucky enough I want to give another adventurer like myself the chance to be that lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment